Creationism and Baraminology Research News

This blog has been superceded, and is only here for archive purposes. For the latest articles, please see us at our new location!

An ongoing list of creationist research projects. This is not a creationism-verse-evolution site, but a site to publicize the research work done by members of the creationist community and the intelligent design community, or research work by the science community at large constructively relating to creation topics. Evolutionary critiques may be included on occasion but only under special consideration, and especially where the research pertains directly to developing a creationist model.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

BSG Conference: Day 2 & 3

We've gone through the core conference schedule, with only a half a day left. I was fascinated with nearly every presentation given. I had thought that I would find the theological presentations a bore, but instead they were very interesting, and pertained to many of the biological concepts being discussed.

Originally I was going to tape-record all the lectures, and then for the speakers who agreed post them on the web one-by-one. However, a kink was thrown in this plan by the fact that (1) I forgot to bring a male-male 1/8th inch adapter to hook my recorder to my computer, and (2) I didn't realize how restricted I would be in the amount of time available on my recorder when recording in high-quality mode. So, it turns out, if you're lucky, you'll get one lecture.

However, I did get several good pictures at the poster sessions, and several of the authors are going to let me share those on the web.

Interestingly, as much as I enjoyed the sessions, I actually enjoyed the time between and around the sessions even better, because I got to bounce ideas off of other people.

The poster session was fun, because we several times used the posters as a means of instigating brainstorming sessions.

Anyway, I'll describe the sessions in later posts. It's late and I need to go to bed.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?